I haven't been really sick (talking no appetite, throwing up, nausea, unconscious to the world sick) in quite awhile and for that I am thankful. However, the past couple of days I haven't been feeling that hot. My throat has been sore, my head has felt super heavy, and I haven't left my bed or couch. Thankfully, I haven't really lost my appetite, but I've had zero energy to work, exercise, or do anything. So, I thought I would compile a list of the things you need when you are sick. Complete with gifs and memes. Because those always make people feel better.
1. A bed. My bed is my safe place, my favorite thing in my room. I probably spend more time in my bed on the weekends than actually going out in public. I'm not ashamed of this. And it doubles immensely when I'm sick.
2. Comfortable clothing. This kind of goes along with number one and just staying in my bed, but you have to be comfortable. Which for me, means I haven't gotten out of yoga pants and big t-shirts. But, when I get too hot, I switch to Nike shorts.
3. A Computer. Basically I could have listed all forms of social media individually, but I figured that would make this list much longer. Seeing as I'm going to be confined to a bed, I'm going to spend copious amounts on time on facebook, twitter, instagram, and pinterest. Feel free to add me on any of those.
4. Music. This one accompanies #3 very nicely. Although, when I'm sick, I tend to drift toward sadder, more angsty music. Think One Tree Hill soundtracks. Maybe if I did opposite I would recover better. Eh. Basically I've been listening to The Fray and Gavin DeGraw.
5. Netflix or DVR. Enough said. Plus, I love that with both of these, I can skip around and only watch the episodes that I want.
6. Liquids. It is important to always, always stay hydrated. Usually all I drink during these times is water and orange juice. Although orange juice has felt horrible on a sore throat.
There are probably many other things that could have made it on this list, but it's getting late and my brain isn't fully functioning. Plus, this was just another way to get a post in there.
What are the things you have to have when you are sick?
Follow Me :)
Get the Guide!
Sign up below to join the community and get your FREE devotional guide!